Wednesday, August 3, 2011

when the ocean calls my name.....................

.................... i answer.
we are off to the island tomorrow. a friend of a friend has kindly rented us their beach house. it sits approximately 20 yards from the shore. we shall go to sleep to the rhythm of the waves and wake to the crashing of the surf.
i have always been drawn to the ocean or any body of water for that matter. perhaps i was a mermaid in a past life or maybe it's just the majesty and omnipotence of it all that keeps me going back time and time again.
just taking the husband with me this time. no kids, no grandkids, no animals, just us. time to unwind, reflect, look for seashells and maybe catch sight of a whale or two. we will drink wine by the fire at night and explore the seaside by day.i will have (as always) my sketch book, camera and several novels. he will have his fishing rod. we will be zen.
at least in my fantasies this is how it plays out, reality will probably be a bit different. he is a restless soul and must be doing something, anything, so he will haul me off to the town and marinas and find goat trails to wander and i will be okay with that as long as at least part of each day i am able to gaze upon the sea and just be.
where is your zen place?

1 comment:

  1. Well Lisa I am totally jealous...the ocean calls my name too but unfortunatly it doesn't send money so I can afford to get there...lol
    Have a wondeful time at the beach!!!

    ReplyDelete