Wednesday, March 16, 2011

raise your glass!

today is a very special anniversary for me. 4 years ago today i had surgery to remove the lump in my breast. 4 years ago today, i chose life.
as it so happens, today i get to go and be picked at and probed and have half my lifeblood removed to check and see if i am still winning this war. i think i am.
i always meet this day with trepidation. my usual confidence takes a bit of a nose dive. the what-ifs start to circle in my brain. i want to know but i don't want to know, unless of course i can be guaranteed the right answer. there are no guarantees in life. learned that lesson 4 years ago.
everyday i live with a double edged sword above my head, but the key word is that i "live"
so no matter what the outcome of today's tests will be, i still have reason to celebrate and i am confident that in 4 more years time i will be celebrating again.
as i have told you all on one or more occasions - "only the good die young" so i will be here for quite some time to come!
cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment