Wednesday, February 9, 2011

it is with great sadness...................

i love my shoes!
yesterday afternoon was closet cleaning day. i am a hoarder. not the disgusting kind that saves garbage and old food, i hoard my clothes and shoes, because you never know when you will need a particular item, and sure as the day is long, if you give something away....... within a few weeks you could have worn that particular dress, coat, whatever. every once in while tho, i take a deep breath and dive into the depths of my closet and purge.
about 3 years ago, i realized that 5" heels were no longer comfortable for me, so i gave them all away with the exception of one pair which i kept as a memento of my glory days . and now.............( i have only admitted this to a few people), i find that 4"ers do not serve me well either. my hips and knees hurt and my balance is all off, oh the joys of aging!
so i packed up several dozen of them and gave them away to charity. out there somewhere soon, will be some bargain hunter who will come across my cache' of beautiful 4" shoes. they will squeal with delight and quickly grab as many as they can, marveling at their good fortune.
so it is with great sadness that i am now reduced to 3"ers. not that i don't have several lovely pairs at that height, it's just that the foot doesn't arch quite so high and the calf muscle is not flexed quite so tautly.
i did save my last remaining 5" pair.
perhaps i will have them bronzed.

1 comment:

  1. We are sisters!! But.....they may have been most loved in the Village!!!

    ReplyDelete