Friday, May 6, 2011

dear mr. policeman

dear mr.policeman;
i would like to take this opportunity to thank you for going out of your way to show me the errors of mine.
thank you for noticing that i had my blinker on and was trying to get out of the HOV lane, which i had no business being in because i drive a gas guzzling SUV all by myself. thank you for noticing that no-one would let me in and that the carpool in front of me was going about 30 km BELOW the speed limit. thank you for following me into the mall and turning on your shiny red light so i would notice you. thank you for understanding that applying lip balm to my cracked lips is not the same as re-applying lipstick while driving.
i just wanted to point out to you that while you were lecturing me, somewhere in the city, a drug deal was going down, some guy was beating up his wife and an old lady was being mugged. i feel bad that i kept you from going after the bad guys because you had to take the time to educate me on gas emissions and the importance of following the rules of the road.
oh! and thank you for not giving me the 2 tickets i so richly deserved.
i am duly chastised.

No comments:

Post a Comment