Thursday, May 19, 2011

if a cow can ride a bicycle.........

so a few days ago, i announced on fb that i got a shiny new bicycle. some of you found this quite amusing.
the husband has decided that i need more exercise. we all know i hate exercise. (dragon boating does not count as you get to sit down while you are doing it.) so okay, i can ride a bike. fooled him!  you get to sit. this works.
so we decide to try out my new bike. on my old bike, i had these great saddle bags (no! not the ones attached to my thighs) i wanted him to attach them to my new bike. why do you need this? he asks. to carry my stuff! my camera, food in case i get hungry, my cigs and my water bottle. first of all he says, we're not going to be gone that long you don't need all that and your water bottle goes in the holder on the cross bar. ummm hello? that's for my coffee cup.
off we go. by the first block i think my head is going to explode cause either my helmet shrunk or my head grew a size or two. so we have to stop so i can adjust it, asked him if i had helmet head yet, he just gave me "the look". fine, helmet fits now, second block my thighs are starting to burn. change gears he says, okay which one is the non thigh burning gear? decide to jay walk(bike) across the street and this car comes out of nowhere burning down the road. dodged that one! by block three, i'm starting to get a bit wobbly. not sure if it was me, the bike or perhaps the couple of glasses of wine i'd had for fortification before we left. time to go home. i suppose we will be doing this again and perhaps i will make it 4 blocks next time!
on a side note- my cousin lorna, puts in several hundred kms every week. she is my new hero!

No comments:

Post a Comment