Wednesday, May 4, 2011

stand up and be counted

so yesterday i open the mail to find out that i have been selected to participate in the census. crap! i hate all things governmental that smak of big brother. the last time i was selected i had to answer about 400 things pertaining to my private life. i can't quite remember, but i'm pretty sure they asked how many times a week my husband i had sex. so i was ranting and raving and swearing that i wasn't going to do this. the husband calmy pointed out that it was against the law not to do it and i could get arrested. i then remembered that orange is not my colour, so fine, i'll answer their stupid questions.
okay they changed it. they no longer want to know about my sex life. yea! in fact they really don't want to know anything other than
1. how many people live with me
2. our ages
3. what language(s) we speak
4. what our first language was
and that was it! what was the point of this waste of money?
oh! there was one more question. would i consent to having my answers made available to my descendants in 92 years from now. just to be cantankerous i said no. i'm pretty sure my descendants can figure out for themselves that i spoke english.
senseless census!

No comments:

Post a Comment